Thursday, May 24, 2012

NO SURGERY TODAY

Dr. Rosen is still working on his morning case which will take him into the evening.  Therefore, Tom's surgery has been postponed to first thing in the morning.  They will probably come and get him at 7:30.  The actual surgery will take between 15 and 30 minutes.  I think this really eased Tom's fears.  If a SNF bed is available tomorrow afternoon, he could even be out by tomorrow night!

I got to the hospital and must have just missed them coming to get Tom for surgery which was later than expected.  I was able to catch Dr. Rosen's nurse at the nurses station and she told me it would probably be a couple of hours.  She sent me to the Surgery Waiting Room and told me she thought I could sit with Tom in the holding area.  Once I got down there, they also told me Dr. Rosen would be a be a couple of hours and they were going to send Tom back to his room.  So, I headed back to his room.  Forty-five minutes later, Tom arrived.  Then Dr. Rosen's nurse came in and told us about the extended delay and she put Tom on the schedule for tomorrow morning. 

He was excited to be able to get something to drink and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment