Saturday, May 26, 2012

Tom needs more to do!

Tom, like my dad, is now reading every printed word of the newspaper. Only he keeps giving me whole sections (to keep) with places he wants to go, recipes he wants to make and houses he wants to buy! I am collecting a large stack of newspaper at home that will probably never be looked at again! He has become quite the conversationalist, which I will NOT complain about. I've missed that for a long time. Something I still can't figure out is why he needs to have three to five different things to drink on his tray all the time. It's the same way at home! I was up early to ride bikes this morning and managed to get a bunch of errands done on the way home. It feels so good to have accomplished so much. We saw a deer, a turkey and a really big snake (yuck). I'm glad we started early, it is very hot here today! Next week I am participating in a 44 mile ride. I decided I needed a "saddle" with a little more cushion so one of my errands was to the bike store! Tom met with the on-call doc for a while this morning. Tom told him he wanted to go to the NHC Cool Springs SNF so the doc said he'd do what he could to help - whatever that means. For the most part, Tom is just taking up space here waiting on a SNF bed to open up. He did not get physical therapy today which is a bummer. That's about all of the news I have. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment