Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The good and the ugly

Tm is a little less confused but still trying to figure out how to get out of the hospital. I fear he knows a lot more than we think he does - and it's scary. I don't know that I can explain it to you.

The ugly: Tom has another skin tear! This one is on his abdomen and it is big. This one Dr. Rosen came and stitched up just a little while ago. It was painful to watch. Tom's abdomen is so swollen. They came to do the paracentesis and, just like a year ago at UAB, all of the fluid is in the tissue and there is nothing to pull out. That is very disappointing but not surprising to me.

I did not hear from UAB. I want to accept that there is a good reason but I just can't. I am scared, angry, frustrated . . . It is so hard to stay positive when nothing seems to go even a little bit right.

I don't know what the infectious disease doc will do not that they can't get any fluid. Maybe tomorrow will bring better news.

No comments:

Post a Comment