Wednesday, December 19, 2012

NO CHANGE

I talked to Tom's nurse and she said he is slightly more alert today but mostly the same (does that make any sense?).

He is receiving some fresh, frozen plazma this morning and then will have the paracentesis.  They will do that right in his room.  I hope they pull off as much fluid as they can versus just enough to test with.  It will make Tom more comfortable.

I've left a message with the UAB Liver Center this morning - they are going to get tired of me calling them.  I want to know if they will go ahead and submit Tom's blood test results even if the docs can't see him ahead of time.  Maybe they can consult with the docs here to get a feel for how Tom is really doing.  Although, his nurse told me that his "numbers" aren't as good today.  His BP is low and his heart rate is still high but if he needs the plazma, that would affect those, I think.

She did say his INR is high - that's one of the MELD score numbers so that might help.  His creatinine is down to 1.6 - which is better from a kidney function standpoint but not for a MELD standpoint.  I feel like the liver is getting worse (if that's even possible) and he will continue to decline until he can get a transplant.  I just pray the docs will keep everything else steady so he is strong enough for the surgery.  We knew he would need to get "sicker" but it would be really bad if, all of the sudden, he is too sick. 

I still believe he hasn't suffered this much and survived this long for nothing.  There has been too much sadness lately, I have great hope for great things ahead for Tom. 

Let us not forget our greatest hope is in Christ Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment