Tuesday, December 18, 2012

GOING NOWHERE FAST

Dr. Neidermeyer says Tom is doing better, I don't see it.  He is still very confused and agitated.  Dr. Rutland came by at lunch and tried calling UAB.  They are on "diversion" (i.e. no beds) so he's putting in a call to the Liver Center to see if they can help.  Apparently sometimes they can make room.  It is so frustrating!  I hope there is not a problem with insurance approval  - I'm sure no one is thinking about this except me.

Tom's numbers are either the same or better.  His electrolytes are still out of whack and they continue to give him potassium.  It is heartbreaking to see him or leave him when he's yelling at me to please stay!  Dr. Neidermeyer tried to talk to him and he seems to understand and then is confused all over again.  I was able to get Tom to take his medicine at lunch by hiding it in his food.  If you try to give it to him directly, he won't take it.

If I get any more info, I'll post again.

No comments:

Post a Comment