Monday, December 10, 2012

Thank you Debbie!

It was so good to have Debbie here this weekend. She spent Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday and a couple of hours this morning with Tom. He told me this evening that it was a "real shame" she had to go home. I was able to get a good bit of my Christmas shopping done. I really don't think Tom missed me at all! I was also able to run in the Rudolph's Red Nose 5k in Nashville on Friday night and attend an open house for the Andrew Ministers at church. I brought the pups to visit Sunday afternoon which Tom really enjoyed.

Tom has received two new beds, the first one didn't work. This one is firm which will help his back. He has not complained about back pain at all. He does continue to say he "just doesn't feel good". When I asked him to point to where it hurt, he touched his nose. I don't know what to think about that. The struggles with confusion/memory continue. I guess they will do blood tests again on Wednesday, I'm anxious to see what they show. Tom said he had physical therapy today, the tech said he had occupational therapy. I asked him if we could do some of the exercises together, he moved his arms up and down. He's still pretty tired and sleeps a lot which I think goes with an elevated ammonia level.

His roommate is an older gentleman who is a bit hard of hearing. Tom has handled it really well. I drives me crazy - his TV is really loud!

I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from our neighbors, Karen and Steve, this weekend. We continue to be blessed and lifted up by great friends. Several of our friends have had surgery recently. One of them is recovering here so I can drop by to see her also.

Please keep praying we can get to the bottom of the ammonia level thing. I'm really worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment