Saturday, December 15, 2012

Afternoon report

Dr. Rutland is on call this weekend so he came by earlier to check on Tom. He didn't think Dr. Miller had heard back from UAB about a transfer. He did say that Dr. Miller's notes indicate Tom is now 13th on the transplant list! I am surprised he's moved up that much. It's so hard to pray for a liver sometimes so I've changed my tactic and am now praying that the 12 people ahead of Tom improve and move below him on the list.

Tom will probably move to a regular room tomorrow. I've got this crew already trained now! I wish they could go with Tom. His nurse, Julia, is a neat-freak. I love her!!!

Tom has been so hungry. Dr. Rutland said he could eat anything he wanted, however he still has a restricted diet here so I brought in a sandwich from Jason's Deli. He ate a hamburger for lunch too. There is a sign on the ICU door that clearly states "no food or drink allowed" yet every time I walk through the doors I have something to eat and/or drink!

My friends from Chicago, Dawna and Sean, sent us some Garrett's popcorn. It is the best! I brought some this morning and Tom decided he wanted it. I brought more this afternoon so I will leave it with him. I'm sure the night crew will love picking it up and finding it all in his bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment