Saturday, January 21, 2012

We are going home!

Despite a rough night, we are going home. Tom didn't feel well most of the night. I personally think it was all of the food he ate yesterday. His potassium was low this morning so they gave him a couple of huge pills. They didn't stay down very long, maybe 45 minutes. I don't know if that is long enough for them to do their thing. Dr. White has been in and given the ok to go home. He said Dr. Eckhoff would be here about 11 if we wanted to wait around to see him. Tom said he would like to get on the road, I don't mind waiting. It is pouring down rain right now and there is a tornado watch until noon so I'm ok with waiting a little bit longer. It takes Tom quite a while to move around and get ready, I'm not too worried.

They always say the second day after surgery is the worst. I have personally experienced that to be the case and I think it's going to make the trip home a long one. Hopefully Tom will be able to sleep most of it.

Dr. White said we would need to come back in a few weeks for a check-up. I hope we have that appointment time set before we leave. I've found it quite a challenge to get in touch with the Liver Center on the phone and it seems like we always end up with conflicting information on the scheduled day. I'd like to be able to have some say in our appointment time too.

Unless something changes, you probably won't get another post today. Once we get home there is so much to do in getting settled, unloaded and unpacked. Plus, the puppies will be very excited to see us. I'll try to post an update sometime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment