Thursday, January 19, 2012

Still waiting

We are still in the holding area. We've been in here since about 8:30. The nurses tried three times to give Tom an IV with no luck. The attending is supposed to come in and try or I guess they might wait until they take him for surgery. The gown he has on hooks up to a hair-dryer kind of thing to keep him warm. I wish I had one too, it's cold in here! Tom has had a nice nap so that has helped pass the time for him. The staff has been very nice and helpful. I have a tracking number for Tom that will provide me his status and whereabouts once they take him to surgery. They have monitors out in the waiting room that will display the color coded information. Pretty neat.

We had a pretty uneventful night. Tom was able to get in and out of bed when he needed to without my help. I don't know that either of us slept well but we did get some sleep. I was going to leave our stuff in the room and go back and check out later but ended up getting it all loaded up this morning after all. We walked into the admissions office about 5:33 this morning (if I had my way, we would have been there at 5). The place was packed! We waited about an hour before Tom got called to register.

I may or may not get an update while Tom is in surgery. I still don't know how long it will take. I'll post info as I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment