Friday, January 20, 2012

Good News

We may get to go home tomorrow! Dr. And team just came in to see Tom and said everything was looking good. Tom actually told me after they left that he would like to stay one more day just to be sure. I agree with him on that. This pump takes some getting used to and I want to make sure Tom knows what he is doing. He's feeling pretty good this morning because his stubbornness is back! We slept well last night despite the interruptions. It was much better for me once Tom turned the lights out about 2 am. He still tends to doze off quite a bit but he's been doing that all along.

Tom's sister, Cathy, and her husband, Dave, are coming to visit this afternoon. Tom is pretty excited about it. When he was in recovery yesterday he asked if his sisters were still here, I told him they would probably come this weekend if they could so I'm glad I wasn't lying to him. He wants to go to the cafeteria and have lunch together when they get here. I told him it was 3 blocks away and that we might need a wheelchair. He probably walked at least that much on Wednesday but that was before surgery.

Tom forgot his cell phone charger so I may head out in search of one in a little while. It seems I get stir crazy much faster these days so it will be nice to get out of here for a little while. He could use a new one anyway. Maybe I'll find a mall on the way!

Thanks again for your prayers. God is listening and answering!

No comments:

Post a Comment