Monday, January 2, 2012

Better again

Tom is more himself this afternoon. Still not as good as he should be but it's a lot less stressful for both of us. I was hoping we could take a nap today but every time I got settled, either Tom needed something or someone came in. I'm still trying to get out of here to go home tonight.

The nurse he has tonight is one we've had this trip so she knows what's going on and that will make it much better.

They keep increasing his ammonia medicine and he will get an extra dose early in the morning. He's already starting to refuse but I suggested they spread them out a little to make it easier for him. He hasn't been up at all today - I'm a little disappointd in that, but I know he's sore from all of the up and down last night.

Fortunately there have been no more tears today - I'm thankful for that!

I was looking up e normal ammonia level on the Internet and noticed that diuretics raise the ammonia level. They added. Third diuretic to the mix N I wonder how much that contributed to yesterday's train wreck. WebMD specifically mentioned one of the drugs Tom is on. Hopefully they can back down on those a little in a day or two. I think they've scheduled another full work up in the morning so we'll see what that shows.

I've finally made it home. On a mission to get to bed in an hour. Thank you Ll so much for your faithful prays. We are desperate for them right now.

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment