Wednesday, January 11, 2012

FINISHED WITH IV ANTIBIOTICS

This morning I gave Tom the last doses of IV antibiotics!  Hopefully this will be it for a long, long while and his PIC line can be removed.  That's one less source of infection - we'll see what Dr. Rutland says about it on Friday.

Tom is doing well.  He ventured out to the grocery store yesterday, I can't say I was really excited about that but I know he is stir-crazy and it must feel good to do something on your own!  He's still using the walker to get around but I remain hopeful that it can be replaced with a cane soon.  The swelling in Tom's legs is going down but we're still treating a couple of wounds - mainly the one he got in the hospital. 

No word yet from UAB on the shunt.  I hope to call them this afternoon and see if there is a status.  Part of me wants another week or two without the possibility of a hospital stay but the sooner things get going, the closer we are to a final resolution.

My sister made it to town on Monday night and we celebrated just like it was Christmas Day:  opening gifts and watching football! 

I'll post an update after he sees the doc on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment