Tuesday, October 18, 2011

STILL WAITING

I know you are all anxious to hear about "the list" status and so are we.  The surgeons are in surgery so that is the reason for the delay.  I did talk to one of the residents and he told me he didn't see any problems with Tom being placed on "the list" so we are extremely hopeful - I just want to hear it from Dr. Smallfield's mouth!

Tom has been a walking machine today - using his regular walker instead of the podium walker.  The hospital has approved him to go to rehab but they are still waiting on insurance approval.  The resident said he probably would not go today so that's OK.  I still hope to head home shortly and if Tom does not get into rehab, Mom and Dad will bring him back to Nashville tomorrow.  All plans are fluid - something I am still struggling to get used to.

Our puppies were "fixed" yesterday and I'm happy to report that they are doing well.  We are so blessed that our niece, Meagan and her husband Jeremy have taken on the challenge of caring for them for us.  Meagan didn't want them to stay overnight after surgery and picked them up yesterday afternoon.  I have not worried about them for one minute and that has been wonderful.  I only worry whether she will give them back!

Please keep praying . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment