Friday, October 21, 2011

Staying put

It looks like Tom is staying put at UAB for the weekend. Our case manager here said there yuxwould probably be a bed in rehab in Nashville early next week. I'm was planning to head home Monday but may wait until Tuesday if he still hasn't moved.

I was very impressed with how well Tom is getting around! He even took a shower this morning. He still needs to gain strength but he's working on it. I'd like to see him start working on steps because I think that will really help his leg strength. Our tech found a wheelchair so we rode down to the cafeteria and got some lunch. Tom chose a ribeye sandwich and onion rings. I'm sure he's had a weeks worth of sodium! I was just good to go somewhere else. I hope we can hold on to it and maybe go outside this weekend.

Tom's white blood cell count is back up again but there is no sign of infection so they did some blood tests to check his cortisol level. We should hear about that later today. It seems like every couple of days they find something so that just confirms for me that rehab is the best idea at least for as long as he can. Having trained eyes on him will hopefully catch something and maybe they will order more frequent blood tests.

I received a call today from Dr. Rutland, Tom's Nashville PCP. He was asking about Tom's status. I was happy to give him the good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment