Sunday, October 23, 2011

Early update

Posting early today because I think all that is going to happen has already happened. We were up early this morning. Tom has had a shower which I know made him feel better. Dr. Covington came in this morning and explained the adrenal issue. They are giving Tom some low dose steroids for it.

Dr. Terrazzo came in on rounds and said the same thing. Tom asked if it would affect the listing or anything else and he said no.

The meeting is at 4 tomorrow so we will be holding our breath until we hear the word that he is on the list. All the docs have said Tom doesn't need to be in the hospital anymore. I asked about the stuff they give him from time to time but the docs assured me the levels are not changing that mauch and they can manage it. I hope we can get the news and then head home tomorrow. Dr. Covington said if reehab wouldn't take him, Tom would go home with home health so we'll handle it either way.

Dennis came down to visit today so I may head out and do some of that shopping I was thinking about yesterday. Give Tom some male bonding time. He's probably tired of women fussing over him!

Hope to share the good news on the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment