Wednesday, October 19, 2011

NO CHANGE

Well, it sounds like it was a pretty dull day in Birmingham.  Tom was a bit more tired today, he walked twice (long lap) which was really good.  Mom said he's complaining about his foot hurting - we think it's because we keep jamming it with the rolling tray.

Anyway, he's still not moved to rehab because they are waiting on insurance approval.  Maybe something will happen tomorrow.

His sister, Debbie is scheduled to arrive tomorrow night to stay with him.  My parents will leave on Friday.  I hope to get there Friday afternoon or evening for the weekend.

I must say that even in the dark and rain, I enjoyed the nice, quiet drive home last night.  I was able to just think.  I slept OK but woke up about 2 am with no idea where I was and I couldn't find Tom.  It is hard to be away from him but we probably need the break from each other.

It sure was nice to be at work today.  My co-workers have done so much to allow me to be gone, it was nice to do some of my own work.  More than anything, it was good to see them!!

I've managed to get some things done at home - laundry, re-packing, ironing - stuff like that.  I also got the tires rotated and balanced on my car - something that needed to be done back in March!! 

I received an e-mail from Tom's dad this afternoon, Tom gave him a call today.  For some reason Tom's voice has been weak the past couple of days so it's difficult to understand him but I know it was good for his dad to hear Tom's voice.

I guess that's it.  Maybe there will be more exciting news to report tomorrow.  We still need to be on that list, then get a liver, then get through surgery and recovery . . . but . . . one day at a time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment