Sunday, October 16, 2011

Normal!

Dr. Patel walked in this morning and asked Tom if he felt as good as his numbers showed. His kidneys are now normal - and not even at the high end of normal. They are letting Tom have some additional fluids and stopping one of his meds.

The on-call doc came in later and reiterated that Tom was doing well. They did give him some magnesium via IV this morning but that is it. Tom had a good breakfast and lunch and has walked the "big lap" for the first time. He is currently sleeping but I'm getting ready to wake him up so he can walk again. I'd like him to walk the big lap 4 times today but will be happy with three. Tom would really like to take a shower so we might attempt that this evening. It's beautiful in Birmingham today so maybe I'll locate a wheelchair and we can go outside.

Debbie left about an hour ago so it's just us for tonight. It was so good to have her here. She is so patient with Tom. I'm hoping to squeeze in a nap this afternoon, I was up with Tom a lot last night. I really want him to be up in his chair tomorrow morning before the first doc walks in so we may be turning in early. Tomorrow will be a stressful day waiting for the meeting of the transplant team tomorrow evening. I'm anxious to see my parents too.

Please pray for the team as they make their decisions and that they will make the right decision for Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment