Wednesday, October 12, 2011

READY FOR REST

Tom's had quite a busy day today with more tests.  He really didn't get any kind of rest during the day and if there was even an opportunity to do so, we made him eat or answer questions for one of his tests.  But . . . we're pretty much done with all testing except the stress test which he will have tomorrow or Friday.  At least, I think that's the end of the tests for the moment.  He will continue to have lab work done weekly.

We did not meet Dr. Dubay today but that's OK.  I'm sure we'll meet him eventually.  You never know when those guys are going to show up!

The seminar I attended today was very informative.  I have been reading and researching on the Internet this evening.  There is so much info.  There were 9 potential candidates in the class.  The consultant said they were evaluating 12 candidates this week.  We also know that there was another transplant that took place today.  That's 2 in 3 days!  And that's just for livers.  They transplant everything here.  There is so much demand and so little supply.  If you haven't committed to organ donation, please consider it!

So, all in all it was a good day.  It's nice to be busy and keep that little voice of uncertainty from taking over all of my thoughts. 

Cathy was gracious enough to do some laundry for me this evening.  I wasn't sure if I had enough clean clothes to get me through the weekend.  She was only planning to spend a couple of days and she's been here all week!  I don't know what I would have done without her.  My parents are lined up for most of next week, followed by Tom's sister, Debbie.  I'll be back next weekend and Tom's Aunt will stay the following week. 

We ask that you continue to pray for Tom, the surgeons and transplant team members.  We're still hoping they will decide in Tom's favor on Monday night.  We may not know until Tuesday or Wednesday if he's on the list.  I'm hoping to know by Tuesday morning since we are on-site.

No comments:

Post a Comment