Friday, March 2, 2012

NOT GOING HOME YET

That's about all I know.  Tom is very upset and told me he would talk to me when I got to the hospital later today.  So from that, it doesn't appear he will be going home today.  As we head into the weekend, if his doctor is not "on-call", I'll be very upset as well if he has to wait the weekend out.  That will certainly mess with too many things we have going on.  Tom is really doing well.  His ammonia level was in the 80's yesterday.  His doctor was watching his hematocrit so I'm wondering if that went down and they are going to give him blood - certainly a guess at this point because Tom will not tell me anything over the phone.  I can't tell you how excited I am to go and sit with him tonight - NOT!

They are predicting really bad weather here in Nashville this afternoon.  It's sunny outside right now but I understand Jim Cantore is in the hotel right next to my office building.  That can't be good. 

There has been no Internet access at the hospital all week unless you want to do something at 3 a.m.  Tom said that's the only time he can get on.  That's why the updates are so sporatic.  When I get home, I get so busy doing other things, I just forget.  If I've talked to someone during the day and updated them, I tend to think everyone else knows too.  I'll at least try to post something short from my cell phone tonight to let you know the story. 

We might be hanging out in the hallway with the other patients tonight.

I am praying for the safety of all those in the path of the storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment