Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Home from Austin

Im home from Austin. There are no words that can thank our friends Ellen and Dennis enough for staying with Tom while I was gone. It's not been an easy time. Tom seems to constantly be on the edge of disorientation. He's "come back" but I am at a loss as to what the problem is. I had hoped he would be ok enough for me to go to work tomorrow and then take him to the doctor for bloodwork but I'm rethinking that because he is currently not in a condition that I can leave him alone. I arranged to have bloodwork done tomorrow with a doctors visit on Friday. As I write this I am trying to decide whether to take him to the ER. I fear he is going to get worse instead of better but I know he's had all 3 doses of ammonia medicine today. He's had two good meals and he is so tired it appears he will be sleeping through dinner. He cannot keep his eyes open. I just don't know what to do! I can't believe it would be ammonia. I wonder if it is blood sugar or potassium level or dehydration?

I just ask that you pray for us and that we can figure out why Tom isn't getting past this confusion thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment