Saturday, March 10, 2012

Still here

Tom's UTI is a form of staph infection that is highly unusual. They are still working on finding an antibiotic specifically for it that Tom can take. Because he is allergic to penicillin and a couple of others, he cannot take those - which would probably be what they would give him. Anyway, once they find something that works, they will have to give it to him and then watch to see how he responds. So, he's still hoping to go home tomorrow, I'm thinking Monday. when they came to give him the IV Cipro this morning, the vein blew out so they had to wait for IV therapy to come and stick him again. He said the lab had trouble getting blood this morning too.

The hospital tests for staph each time he comes in. They told us when he was here last week that he tested positive yet they never treated it. I asked Rutland about this yesterday. I just wonder how long all of this has really been going on?

Needless to say he was extremely upset this morning and then he was mad. He's a little better now that I'm here (he's called me 4 times today). I did manage to get to my kick-box class at the Y.

We got out of the room and walked all over the floor last night - even went to the nursery to see the new babies. Is pretty nice here so I'll try to find a wheelchair and take him outside in a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment