Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tom is home (again)

Dr. Rutland came by about noon and told Tom that he was going to look at all of the test results again before deciding to let Tom go home. Finally, Tom got home about 4:30 or so. Dennis was at the hospital visiting and offered to take Tom home, so I left to take all the stuff and get it unloaded. I had been on a bike ride so it gave me a chance to get my bike unloaded too.

Tom will go for follow-up blood tests on Tuesday or Wednesday.

He's feeling good. There is one antibiotic that's been added to his medication list but it appears they have taken off the lasix. I'm worried he is not pumping correctly or as much as he should so I'll be watching that closely. I'm not against giving him lasix - we have a lot of it. Please pray that Tom will truly make an effort to take better care of himself with exercise and his nutrition. Also pray that I won't enable bad habits.

I'm missing that extra hour of sleep from last night but I'm sure enjoying the extra daylight this evening. Maybe I can get to some of the weeds in the yard this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment