Friday, March 2, 2012

I was right!

I don't get to say that often so I thought I'd use it as the title of this post. Tom was being connected to his first unit of blood when I arrived this afternoon. He will receive two units over the next 7-8 hours. He is still grouchy and somewhat lethargic. Tom said Dr. Rutland mentioned that his ammonia level was up a little from yesterday but that doesn't necessarily mean anything since they really use it as a guide and it does fluctuate. His hematocrit was a little higher today but I guess Dr. Rutland likes having a mad patient. I think/hope the blood will make Tom feel better. They have blood work ordered for tomorrow so if that looks good, maybe he will get to go home. Please pray that he does. He missed physical therapy today because they came right has the blood was being connected.

Weve survived the "code gray" (tornado warning) and it appears to be clearing up. Hopefully we've missed the really bad stuff they were predicting.

I hope everyone else in the affected areas is ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment