Tuesday, March 13, 2012

ON HIS OWN

Tom did really well yesterday while I was at work.  A big difference from last weekend when he was still sluggish after being released from the hospital.  He was to have lunch with a friend of his today so I'm trying not to worry about him being "out and about". 

I had to go to the hospital today to get copies of his lab test results from this last hospital visit.  In the past, the nurses would give this info to me.  This group was not as willing.  First I had to get a form, then have Tom sign it last night.  Fortunately it was not a long wait to get the printout.  I have faxed them to UAB just to see if these results will change the MELD score any.  Tom has a doctors appointment tomorrow and I will get those too.  Maybe if I'm faxing blood test results every week or so, they will remember who we are!!  Of course, we'll be there next week for a doctors appointment.

I am still concerned about Tom's fluid level and will ask Dr. Rutland tomorrow about the lasix.  It was not on the discharge orders so Tom has not been taking it.  He's still taking another diuretic but I don't know that it is enough.  I'm not convinced that the pump is being pumped (by Tom) as much as it should be or that it isn't clogged.  Hopefully we can get that resolved next week.

The weather here is absolutely beautiful.  Tom said he was planning to walk around in the yard with the pups when he got home from lunch.  I wonder if he can use the wheel barrow as a walker and pick up sticks along the way?!?

I've been able to accomplish so much at work and at home now that Tom is out of the hospital.  I hope it continues!!

Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment