Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ammonia level 30

Unbelievable how it changes! I still don't get it. I wasn't sure what to expect this morning but Tom was awake and doing well. He didn't sleep much last night because they kept coming in to get him caught up on his meds. He has a urinary tract infection so they are giving him IV cipro again. At least we know now to watch for his ammonia to spike when he gets done taking it. I hope they don't plan to keep him for 10 or 14 days to finish all of that. Once again, Dr. Rutland arrived shortly after I left this morning so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. Tm said he didn't really offer much information. I placed a call to his office to see if they could give me an idea of when I might be able to catch him tomorrow. He's only in the office a half-day on Thursdays. We'll see if I get a response.

I sent all of the blood test results I had to UAB this morning. They only had two complete sets and one set would raise his score back to 13. It's not much but it's something. They will submit those results and if the tests from this week improve that score, they will be submitted. Doesn't appear that they will change his score much though.

I have a bike maintenance class tonight so Tom is pretty bummed he will be alone most of the evening. He gets bored. I offered to cancel the class but he told me to go. I'll see him beforehand and if the class doesn't run too late, I'll go back after. I'd be happy to sit and read a book but, then again, I haven't been "trapped" as long as he has either.

I'm kind of worried about his pump. It doesn't feel the same to either one of us so I'm placing a call to the doc to see what we can do about it. It's very tender so I hate to keep pressing to try and figure it out.

Well, i better get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment