Thursday, November 8, 2012

Tom is home!

We didn't see that coming!!

Tom called yesterday at 4 pm and told me he was being discharged!  After a bit of scrambling, we agreed it would be best to have an ambulance bring him home as opposed to me trying to get him up the ramp in the dark and cold by myself.  We were both a bit worried about how he would do with just me to help but things have gone pretty well so far.  He is still in pain but is just going to have to work through it.

As God's perfect timing would have it, my afternoon opened up yesterday so I decided to take a half-day of vacation and get some errands run.  Mostly it was so I could take the dogs to the vet for their shots and stuff and not have to sit and wait on the weekend.  One hour:  checkups, shots, and nail trims = $438.00!  Then we (the dogs and I) took Tom's truck to get air in the tires, fill it up with gas and then picked up the tile for the kitchen backsplash.  It was a very productive afternoon.  I wasn't home 10 minutes when Tom called.  I am so thankful to have been able to get all of that done.  The dogs are SO HAPPY to have Tom at home!

After Tom called, I called Comfort Keepers immediately to arrange for someone to stay with him since I had quite a few work commitments this week.  They were mostly able to accommodate my request so that worked out too.

As always, I ask that you continue to pray for Tom - that the pain will be tolerable and he will feel a sense of urgency to get moving and get stronger.  I'd also like to ask you to pray for a couple of our friends:  Melinda, a friend from Memphis who has been diagnosed with breast cancer and Amber, a friend from Georgia whose mother died Wednesday night after a difficult battle with cancer.  No one is immune to life's struggles, praise God that He is with us every step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment