Monday, November 26, 2012

Ammonia down again

The good news is Tom's ammonia level is down to 64 today and he is "himself" again. The not-so-great news is that his white blood cell count is up to 20 with no explanation thus far. I missed Dr. Rutland's visit today but he called and said he was going to run some more tests and re-test Tom's blood this afternoon to see if there are any changes. He won't be going anywhere today but the social worker is looking for an opening in a skilled nursing facility for rehab.

I'm not sure how Tom has taken this latest news. We did know about the WBC from my visit this morning. Dr. Rutland is giving Tom another med to help with some reflux issues. Tom is not as sore today and did not complain about his care overnight. He did not even seem too upset when I told him I wouldn't be there first thing this morning. I know that is because of the prayers of his prayer-warriors.

I'll provide an update later this evening.

On another note, I ask that you pray for the girlfriend and family of my friend, Rob Brooks who suffered a broken neck in a mountain biking accident on Thursday. Rob passed away yesterday after developing breathing complications and choosing not to be placed on a ventilator. His girlfriend, Heather, is also a friend and co-worker of mine. They came to visit us in the ICU waiting room when Tom first got sick. God has ordered our steps and numbered our days. Each one is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment