Saturday, November 3, 2012

Still in the hospital

Tom is still in the hospital.  I'm guessing it's because they haven't found an available bed in a skilled nursing facility.  However, he is still receiving IV antibiotics and his ammonia level is back up to 125 (which is down from 134 two days ago).  It was in the 40's four days ago - do not know what has caused it to jump back up.  He does not feel good today but did get up and walk with the walker to the door and back.  It didn't hurt him as much as he thought it would.  I hope we can do it again tonight.  His appetite has not been too great the past few days.  He does not seem to be disoriented or confused but he is agitated.  They backed down on the ammonia medicine a day or two ago, I don't know if they've increased it again or not.  Don't see the nurses and techs much when I'm here.

Before they started the antibiotic today, they had to draw blood to test the vanc level.  The lab tech said they would be drawing blood again while the IV was running and then again at the end.  I am not happy that they have to stick Tom 3 times, of course, neither is he!  The nurse wonders why he is irritated!!!

Got a few things done at home today, laundry, bills and watering the yard.  They planted some grass when the removed the berms on Monday.  I'm supposed to be keeping the straw wet.  I have the sprinkler on a timer and I try to move it around every night to get full coverage.  I also got to go to kick-box class this morning, I'm feeling that tonight but I love it!

I'm looking forward to the extra hour of sleep tonight - it is the only good part of "fall back".

No comments:

Post a Comment