Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Back in his room

Tom is back in his room and is in extreme pain.  I could hear him yelling down the hall!  He said they didn't tell him it was going to hurt this had . . . And he's right!  They said the pain would be gone!  He said "everything hurts"!

He's been given the mild pain meds he can take all the time.  I've asked the nurse to check with Dr. Rutland to see if they can give him something stronger for today.  They did make two incisions in his back so that is sounds more like the Kyphoplasty procedure instead of the Vertebroplasty.  Tom said being on his stomach wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be.  He has to lay flat for 4 hours.  He's pretty drowsy which is good but when he wakes up, he screams in pain.  His nurse said he was originally screaming for me and one of the first things Tom said to me when I got here was he didn't want me to leave.  It's gonna be a long, long night!

I've got to go back to the office for a couple of hours and then I'll be here this evening.  Please pray for both of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment