Friday, November 23, 2012

Still here

We're struggling with home vs. something else. Tom does not want to stay in the hospital. I had hoped they could get him into a rehab center today but I guess they have a holiday today too so right now, he will be here until at least Monday. That has not been sitting well with Tom. Although he stood up three times during physical therapy, he was still very weak and needed help from both of the therapists. I don't think it is help I can provide by myself. I had sort of hoped this would convince him he needs to be stronger and if they could have moved him to rehab today, it might have made a difference. He is feeling better from a back pain standpoint. His ammonia level is back up in the 80's today!?! I just don't know what to do or what to tell him. I am so sick of this place too but I just don't think we can manage at home alone. It really upsets Tom when I tell him this. The physical therapists tore another spot on his leg today. That makes a total of four since he got here last Thursday. That scares him too and wants me here all the time so I can take care of him. It does amaze me how I can take care of him here by myself and not tear his skin but no one else can. I'm probably much slower though and they are in a hurry. He keeps telling them when it hurts, I don't understand why they don't stop and listen to the patient!!!

I desperately want him to get some rehab. If we had help at home, I'd be more inclined to push to get him discharged, but we don't. Please pray he will be patient (no pun intended). I don't want him to push himself and then get hurt again.

He had a good tech tonight, I'm not too sure about the nurse. She's new to us, that could mean trouble. Tom doesn't really like the folks who don't know him or understand his stubbornness!

No comments:

Post a Comment