Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sleeping beauty

Tom is still in pain but so far has been sleeping most of the evening. I am worried what will happen when he needs to go to the bathroom! Dr. Rutland has ordered a different pain med that Tom can have every six hours. Hopefully it will keep him "knocked out" for tonight. His stomach is a little upset so he has not eaten anything since last night. He is still lying flat although it is ok for him to sit up if he wants.

I've been online looking at the recovery time for this procedure. Everything says it is outpatient or an overnight stay with some pain for about two weeks. Nothing indicates what Tom seems to be experiencing. Tm told me they only fixed two and the radiologist told him he would need to come back next week to get the other two done as an outpatient procedure!! What?!?!? I kinda don't see that happening at the moment. It will be hard to tell by then if this is really going to fix Tom's pain. I was impressed that Tom remembered that to tell me!

I'm wondering if we can set up a FaceTime session overnight so when he wakes up, he can hear my voice and see me (if he opens his eyes).

Thanks to our many prayer warriors. I've heard from two good friends today who have really encouraged me. Of course, my co-workers listen to me vent over and over and still make me laugh and give me strength. Then there is our family, for them I am most thankful. We always get a call, email, text or card from one or more of them at just the right moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment