Sunday, November 25, 2012

Not a better day

Tom is feeling pretty bad today. His chest is hurting (right side), he told me it feels more like muscle pain but the pain is constant. He can't tell me if he remembers doing anything specific. The nurse called the doctor and they are going to run an EKG. It was hurting last night, in fact they put the pain patch for his back on his ribs instead. His blood pressure has been running a little high. I don't think they are related. He is more lethargic today, I suspect his ammonia level is up again but I'm waiting on the nurse to get the lab results.

He is not calling out to the nurses station for help. I called them directly after I talked to him this morning and then he called me an hour or so later and told me he needed help again. When I asked him if he called the nurses station, he said yes. I called the nurses station again and asked them to check on him. The nurses confirmed for me that he has not called out all morning. It was not a pretty sight when I got here after church. He said he called for help - in all fairness, I called for help but pretty much had everything done before they showed up. He can call me so I know he can connect the dots. It is frustrating . . . for both of us!

He did not eat any breakfast. He told me he would order it for himself. I'm sure he fell asleep. I do wish the nurses would have followed up on that. Anyway, he has some lunch but his appetite is not too good. He has not had physical therapy yet, I'm not really sure if he will have it today. I hope so.

Tom said a surgeon came in to look at the wounds on his legs. I'm trying to confirm this. Whoever it was said the leg wounds were pretty bad but they were doing the right things for them?!?!

Tom can fall asleep faster than anyone I know and sleep deeply. He has had some crazy dreams too. It takes him quite a while to wake up so I think that is part of the problem. I don't think we can do anything to fix that, it's just a matter of getting everyone to understand.

My sweet neighbors are letting the pups out this afternoon so I only have to make one trip to the hospital today. I originally told Tom I was going to come straight from church but I decided to head back home instead. I needed to get some laundry done! I stopped by Walmart on the way to buy a few things - it was my only "shopping" trip of the long weekend! I spent $49.99. I purchased a half gallon of milk for myself and some tea for Tom. The rest was spent on oatmeal, turkey and treats - all for the dogs!!! They are the only ones eating at home! They are not spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment