Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, Tom is still sore but doing better. Ammonia level is in the 40's - Yahoo!!!!!!!!

Dr. May came in and was ready to discharge Tom but we decided to hold off since he hasn't been on his feet for a week. Dr. May will have physical therapy come in today and help him get moving some and maybe he can go home tomorrow! That really perked him up so hopefully he will push through the pain to move! He's still a bit groggy with the pain meds but we're going to keep feeding them to him.

Tom called and talked to his uncle and cousins today - he was so excited to hear their voices. He talked to his dad before I got here this morning too so it's been a great day for him!

He got quite a bit of sleep last night and the nurses covered for me so that I could go home and get some sleep too. I'm happy to report that the kitchen remodel is officially done so I'm putting it all back together again. It needs a good deep cleaning so I hope I can get that done sometime this weekend. We had some other rooms painted so they need to be reassembled as well. There is plenty to do at home so I really, really hope Tom can move well enough to get home tomorrow.

I verified that Thanksgiving is the only holiday Tom has not spent in the hospital since he first got sick. Lets hope and pray it is the last holiday (unless of course he's getting a transplant)!

We pray that you all will have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment