Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WE SURVIVED

The couch wasn't so comfortable Sunday night so I went to bed with both puppies and a lot of blankets.  I set the timer on my phone to go off every 75 minutes and got up to put more wood on the fire.  Fortunately I was able to get back to sleep quickly every hour (my shifts staying with Tom in the hospital were good training for that). 

The part was installed about 1 pm Monday and all is well!  I think Finley is missing the portable heater though, she found a nice spot right in front of it.  Fritzi prefers to sit on the fireplace hearth when we have a fire burning - they're so cute!

Tom is doing well.  The pain is subsiding but the swelling is still a problem.  He called his doctor and asked for IV lasix - which they approved.  So, yesterday when I got home from work, I found out the laxix would be delivered last night and I made arrangements to be "trained" on administering it.  It is in the same sort of  "bubble" as the antibiotic.  There are five doses and he will receive it once a day along with a dose of lasix in pill form.

I think today is the last day for the IV antibiotic.  Tom goes back to the doctor on Friday so I guess we'll find out then if he needs more. 

We thought we had an appointment at the UAB Liver Center next week but after making several calls to confirm, it doesn't appear they need to see us.  I don't know why it is all of the sudden so difficult for them to call us back!?!  Tom and I would really like to be seen by the docs there but I'm wondering if we have "fallen off their radar" because his MELD score is so low?  I'm hoping to hear something from them today.

I'll send another update this weekend after the doctors appointment.  Hope everyone is finishing up their Christmas shopping - It's going to be crazy out there this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment