Friday, December 9, 2011

Going home - eventually

Sometime today Tom will get to leave the hospital. I am waiting to learn a new nursing skill of administering IV antibiotics. Once Tom gets his dose at 2 pm, he will be discharged. He will receive the antibiotic every 8 hours so I will be the one to give him the 10 pm dose since apparently it is difficult to find someone to make house calls that late. I can't imagine they will want to come out at 7 am either so I'll just plan on giving them as needed and hopefully someone can come out mid-day and check my work. It sounds like he will need them for one week.

Our company will not be coming to town this weekend so my co-worker and his family will be attending the Rockettes show tonight.

Toms friend Dave may come visit this evening. If so, I will try to do a bit of Christmas shopping.

Please pray for Tom's friend, Dennis, and his family. Dennis' mother was admitted to ICU last night and has a serious heart condition. She is in a different hospital so we're not able to be with him as he has been for us.

Lesson time, gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment