Thursday, December 22, 2011

MAKING PROGRESS

If the bed scale is correct, Tom as dropped about 15 lbs overnight!  They finally got all of the albumin and lasix in overnight and things seem to be working.  I don't know how often he will get these meds but hopefully the rapid progress will continue and Tom will get to go home on Saturday - that is our goal!  Tom is "having a talk" with all of his care-givers to let them know what they need to be doing.  I'm feeling kind of sorry for them because I'm sure they are hearing this from everyone this week.  Of course, if there are fewer patients for them to care for, they get to go home early too so they would probably like to see as many patients as possible go home.  I am trying to keep my mouth shut - difficult as it is!!

The nurse and tech were in and out all night so it doesn't sound like Tom got much sleep.  He was planning to take a nap after breakfast - I envy him for that.  I was late getting home last night and the dogs were wild.  They stayed outside for a really long time and were running back and forth through the house until after midnight.  I believe they caught, killed and gutted a rabbit since I found it in the driveway this morning.  Not exactly something you want to see at 4:15 am!  It was about the size of Fritzi!  Tom thinks maybe a ocyote or something killed it first - even more scary if one of those was in our yard!  I think a coyote would have done more damage to the rabbit - poor thing.

I don't know if I'll go to the hospital at lunch today or not.  Tom seems to be handling everything and asking good questions so I don't feel like I need to intervene.  I do like hearing first-hand what the doctor says though.  Tomorrow is a holiday for me so hopefully the dogs and I can sleep in a little and do a few chores before heading to the hospital in time to catch the doctor.

Your mighty prayers are working - THANKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment