Saturday, December 10, 2011

HOME

We made it home about 4 pm yesterday.  It took a while to get settled but Tom is doing well.  No problems with the first dose of antibiotics at 10 pm.  Of course, it was hard to stay awake that long and then I had to wait until it was finished - which was about 11 pm.  Finally made it to bed and then the alarm went off at 6 am this morning for the next dose.  The home health nurse called shortly after that and is here now.  He's spent about 5 minutes checking Tom's BP and temp and the rest of the time filling out paperwork.  I would LOVE to make it to the Y this morning but that's not looking good right now.  I thought I was going to be able to make a quick trip to the grocery store before my class since we were up so early, but then the home health nurse called. 

Tom said his leg is feeling better today.  It's still a chore for him to get up and down and then a chore for me to help get him comfortable but that should get better soon. 

Dave came over last night and spent some time with Tom.  I had hoped to "escape" for a couple of hours but didn't want to leave Dave with the task of serving Tom although he did handle serving him dinner while I went over the inventory of supplies with the IV solutions rep.  When we did the practice run at the hospital, I had the medicine, an alcohol wipe, some saline to flush his PIC line and some gloves.  You should see all the stuff that arrived last night!  There's all kinds of pieces and parts!  It seemed so simple at the hospital.  Needless to say, all that extra stuff is still in the box.  I was particularily interested in the supplies to use in case Tom had an alergic reaction to the IV medicine.  I have no idea what to do with it or how to administer it.  I probably should have read the directions ahead of time (if there are any) but since he's been taking the medicine all week, I trusted that there would be no reaction - nothing like living on the edge, huh???

We thank you for your continued prayers, e-mails, calls, texts and visits.  Please keep praying for Dennis' mom and his family too.  She is slightly better.

No comments:

Post a Comment