Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve - 2

Tonight is better. Tom seems to be in a little better mood. He is currently receiving his second unit of blood. He did receive albumin and lasix about 4 pm. His doctor has restricted his fluid intake to 1500 cc's which is not very much. Tom likes his juice and soda. Tom doesn't understand the need for the restriction and doesn't like my explanation so he said he would talk to the doc about it tomorrow. I think he's mad that Dr. Rutland didn't tell him he was restricting the fluids. Dr. Rutland is on call this weekend. I'm happy about that because I thought if an on-call doc was working there was no chance of going home. I am doubting Tom will be going home tomorrow anyway. My guess is Tuesday - when I go back to work!!!

I've got things all ready for our Christmas surprise and dinner tomorrow. I'm not quite sure how we're going to get it all in here but it will be fun trying. I hope it really cheers Tom up. I know the staff here tried to get as many patients home as they could, but there are still a lot here so we're not alone. It's sad when you think about it. It will be difficult to be at home tonight and wake up tomorrow apart from Tom but we'll survive.

I went home to feed and check on the pups earlier and found a plate of Christmas candy from our neighbors. We are blessed to be the recipients of so much neighborly Christmas Joy! On the way back I found myself making up new words to Christmas carols about being in the hospital on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I must be going crazy!

Tom has a good team tonight so he will be in good hands.

We pray that you all are having a wonderful Christmas Eve.

Blessings,

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment