Friday, December 23, 2011

Not broken

According to Dr. Rutland, Tom's wrist is not broken. Apparently the radiologist has not read it yet for official word. Tom now has a splint for it and I think it's feeling a bit better. Dr. Rutland came in before I made a trip home - he said that Tom' output yesterday was 3 liters! Add that to the 7 they pulled from his abdomen and I call that progress! I asked him if Tom was only getting one dose of albumin and lasix a day. He said one albumin and 2 lasix. He didn't say anything to me about Tom not going home so I've decided to hold on to hope that Tom will be home on Christmas - even if it's Christmas night. I told Tom I would stay here tonight but he said he would be ok. I went home a while ago to check on and feed the pups and found some beautiful flowers left on our door by our wonderful neighbors.

Each time I go home the dogs run to the back door waiting for Tom to come in - they are really missing him. I think they are a little tired of staying in the kitchen all day. Last night I came home and they had torn their Christmas placemat to shreds. It was everywhere! I spent a whole dollar on it too! I told them they would get another one when they were half-price!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully Tom's wrist will heal super-fast. He needs both hands to help get around, in and out of car, house and such.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment