Saturday, June 30, 2012

We're still here!

It's been a while since my last post. Things have been pretty busy. Tom is hanging in there. The blood tests from this week showed his white blood cell count to be 23 - too high. We weren't sure about the antibiotic the doctor at rehab wanted to give him so he called Dr. Rutland for his input. He has started taking it once a day. I have no idea when they will check his blood again. His ammonia level was 75. I think that Tom has been struggling to feel well so maybe this matches up with his blood tests. Of course, we have no source of infection, they also did a chest X-ray but all is fine there. I am concerned, we'll just leave it at that. I had to work pretty late on Thursday night so it worked out well that my sister Judy, brother-in-law Clark, and niece Kenzie, came to visit. They spent some time with Tom on Thursday night and did a bunch of stuff at the house. Clark doesn't sleep much so he can get a lot done in a day! It was great to see them and have some help. Tomorrow some folks come to move furniture so the floors can be re-done. Don't know now all of that is going to work out. Tom wants to keep seeing the dogs so although we were originally planning to send them to our niece in Georgia, they are going to stay with me upstairs. My neighbor has graciously agreed to continue taking them out each day. Pray that the workers don't get tired of hearing them bark -I'm sure they will do a lot of barking! It's almost too hot for the pups (or anyone) to be outside at all! It was a record-breaking 109 here yesterday. It is miserable. We now have a huge metal dumpster in our driveway. Fortunately it is behind the gate but it makes getting into the garage a little tricky. My mind is full of things that might "accidentally" end up in it! I've notified our neighbors about what is going on. I know they will keep a watchful eye on things for us because we have the BEST neighbors! I hope you all are able to stay cool. Thank you for praying for Tom, please continue to pray - especially for whatever is causing his WBC to be elevated. We need for it and the ammonia level to go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment