Monday, June 11, 2012

About the same

I was really hoping Tom would be better today but he's about the same as last night. They ran regular blood tests today that the nurse said looked ok, and they just came and ran a stat ammonia level. I think it's pretty obvious his ammonia level is high, I don't know what they will do differently once they confirm that. They have added one dose of medicine for a total of three per day. Tom ate a good dinner so maybe that will help too. His biggest challenge is dexterity - using the remote or the bed controls. His conversation is good. He said he had some physical that today, I don't think he got out of bed. They have brought in a wheelchair so maybe they will get him to a point soon that he can get in it and move around some more. He's still very tired. He needs some sleep so that's ok. I don't think they check on him as much when they see him sleeping though. Apparently some of the nurses here have not experienced high ammonia level. Tom told me they talked about sending him to the hospital this afternoon. I was not happy to hear that but those folks were gone when I got here this afternoon. You might want to pray for me, I really want to scream at these people! They didn't change his wound vac today because they changed it yesterday. He said they were going to change it tomorrow. Please, please pray that his ammonia level comes down. It will be so much easier for him and those taking care of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment