Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tom in hospital again

Everything is fine!!!

The rehab folks thought Tom was "unresponsive" yesterday so they decided to send him to the Emergency Room.  Although Tom's ammonia level was 160 on Monday night, when they checked it yesterday in the ER, it was already down to 80.  Tom was alert when I got there yesterday evening and remembers everything about the ride over - including the bumps! 

Anyway, I felt a lot better just knowing he was in good hands both yesterday in the ER and overnight last night.  He said his night was not restful but he was behind on his meds so they had to catch him up - that kinda makes for a miserable night.  The wound care folks are going to come and look at his leg today and change the wound vac (which hasn't been connected since he left rehab).  I really hope Dr. Rosen will be able to look at it while Tom is there and consider closing it up. 

Tom's potassium is a little low but everything else is good.  Once I heard that, my suspicions that the rehab folks "panicked" was confirmed.

Becky, my dear friend from work went over to the rehab yesterday afternoon to get Tom's iPad, phone, computer and wallet because I couldn't get them to guarantee me that Tom's things would be safe.  This morning I went by to get his glasses and a couple of other things.  They cannot guarantee the room will remain available when Tom is ready to be released (although I thought I read in their paperwork that they would hold the room for 30 days).  I hesitate to "hope" that he could go somewhere else because it may be worse.  Anyway, I hope they will give me some notice if they need the room so I can get the rest of Tom's belongings - including the refrigerator!

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment