Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ammonia level down a little

Tom's ammonia level is down to 110. Still not near normal but better. Dr. Miller came in while I was here this morning and talked about changing up a couple of his meds. I'll try to get an update on what Tom is taking from the nurse on the night shift. Conversationally, Tom is just fine. He tends to doze off in mini naps and may be a little slower on his responses. He did get up and walk some with physical therapy today. He really looks forward to doing that - as you can imagine. Dr. Miller said a few times that Tom needs to get moving. We told him it would help if he could have more physical therapy, either here or at rehab. No one will make a commitment on when Tom can go back. His room is still available but when I called to give the rehab an update today, they told me they would be packing up Tom's stuff in the morning. I'm not sure I believe that, but whatever. If his room is not available, maybe there will be another one there or Tom will go someplace else. My friend, Rebecca, was released from the hospital today and she got moved to the Cool Springs rehab where Tom would like to be. I feel like he is better today so maybe the med changes helped get things going in the right direction. Please keep praying for Tom. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment