Friday, June 8, 2012

Continuing to rehab

If you've been looking for an update, sorry, there just hasn't been much to report.  Tom is doing well and getting stronger every day.  He is disappointed in the amount of walking he can do - he tires so easily.  I keep telling him it will get better.  The physical therapy folks seem to be really good and he likes the food.  That's pretty much all the good I can say about this place.  I really don't want to be the squeaky wheel, but I think I'm going to have to speak up about the nursing care.

I showed up this morning with supplies - things Tom needs for his care that they are not providing!  If that's what I need to do, that's fine, but it doesn't seem right.  I will also talk to the case manager to see what she can do to help.  I am most worried that something is going to happen to land him back in the hospital!

Tom met the facility doctor this week, he wasn't impressed. 

The wound care nurse seems to be doing a good job with the wound vac.  Tom has an appointment with Dr. Rosen on the 18th.  Green Hills will take care of getting him to this appointment and back.  If Tom is able to get around better by then, I may be able to take him myself.  I am pleased they are handling that though.

Tom was hoping to get to come home for a few hours this weekend but he can't move well enough to get in and out of the car or truck so he'll keep working and we can try again next week.  I'm planning to take the pups for a visit again on Sunday.

Tom's kept pretty busy during the day and I go by every evening.  This week, Dennis went by on Wednesday evening and I went biking!  Our weather has been wonderful for biking. 

We lost another tree in last week's storm - it hardly fazed me.  I just made a couple of calls and now the tree is gone.  Last year when we lost the first tree, I was in panic mode.  That's God changing me!!  We are now planning to have the third tree removed since it will not be able to stand alone without the support of the others.  Huge Bradford Pears just don't do well.  So, this fall, maybe we'll plant some new trees.  I'm excited that I won't have a gazillion, bazillion leaves to rake!

My wonderful neighbors are continuing to support me and offer help.  What would I do without them?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment