Monday, June 25, 2012

Challenges

Please pray for Tom, he is really struggling with a few things - mostly the fact that he has been in the hospital more or less for two months. He has had very little freedoms, he can't get around or even out of bed without assistance. He is really improving physically but it is a slow process. Anything that is wrong is magnified by his frustration. I am still not impressed with the nursing care at rehab. This is a big source of frustration for Tom and a huge one for me. Tom is handling it much better than I am. I don't know what it will take to get these folks to get with the program. Tom has met with them again, he's trying to keep it together but sometimes you just need to go off on someone and that's hard for the rest of us. I know he wants to help and be involved with what is going on at home and that is hard too. I hoped the puppies would cheer him up yesterday and I think they did a little, but it's so sad when we have to leave. My sister and her family might be coming this weekend, so we're excited about that. They will help get some stuff done at home and also visit with Tom. I have to work Thursdy night so hopefully they can keep him company then. It's also difficult for Tom to have to spend so much time alone. With all that is going on this week, I won't be there as much so that makes it worse. We'll get through it, it's just a tough time. Tom's email is burnet99@bellsouth.net. If you get a moment, please send him a note of encouragement. Maybe that will help. I'll remind him to check his email! As always, thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment