Monday, June 18, 2012

Ammonia level up and down

For some reason, Tom's ammonia level is back up to 137 today. He is doing ok but is sleepier and a little more lethargic to me. I thought he was that way last night and figured his hematocrit was low. His potassium was a little high again today too. I was not here when Dr. Rutland came by this morning. He told Tom to plan to stay a few more days. He is still getting IV antibiotics. I don't know if the blood culture testing is complete. Dr. Miller, (gastro doc) came in and looked Tom over this afternoon and said everything was good. Tom also had some physical therapy today - he got up and walked a little bit so he was happy about that. The wound vac was changed and is doing its thing. Tom told me this morning he hoped to go back to rehab so he could get up more. I'm glad he is anxious to do that. Tom's sister, Cathy, and her husband, Dave, were here this weekend. Cathy kept Tom company at the hospital and I worked Dave's fingers to the bone peeling wallpaper in the kitchen. At times there were 3 layers to remove! So, it's as good as its going to get for now, I am so relieved it is done. I started removing the wallpaper in the powder room yesterday after spending the morning on my hands and knees scraping bits of glue and wallpaper off the kitchen floor. I'm pretty sure I will never have wallpaper in any room again! When we finished Saturday night, we picked up food from PF Changs and joined Cathy and Tom for dinner. It was yummy! Yesterday was our 17th wedding anniversary! We decided to downplay it for now. It's not been an easy year but I am so blessed to be married to a fighter - he is my hero! His nurse special-ordered a slice of angel food cake for him. That was sweet. The third and final Bradford Pear tree was removed from the backyard on Saturday. For a while, I thought the fence would be coming down with it but they did a great job keeping that from happening. They made 3 trips with a fully loaded trailer and still have one trip to go - it was a big tree! It's very bright in the backyard now. I'll miss the shade but not raking leaves! Please pray that Tom's ammonia level will get down to where it needs to be and if there is a reason it keeps going up, they will figure it out and can get it under control. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment