Saturday, June 2, 2012

24 hours of rehab

Tom has settled in really well. His room is very small so there is not a lot of space to move around. He can have a little refrigerator so I bought one today but we've had quite a time trying to get it where he has access to it, and everything else he needs, from his bed. He's been evaluated by everyone, including physical therapy. The nursing evaluations took a while last night. I had hoped to get out of here by 6:30, I ended up leaving at 8:30. I wanted to get home and let the dogs run around outside and wear out so that I could get to sleep early. Didn't happen! This morning I rode with 2000 of my friends in the Harpeth River Ride. Three of my close friends and I rode the 44 mile option. It was much more challenging than I thought it would be but the weather was perfect and we all finished in a respectable time. Maybe I can leave early tonight. Ha! They seem to be spoiling Tom when it comes to meal time. He is getting two helpings at just about every meal! There is a family assessment meeting on Tuesday so I need to make sure they have the right diet for him. Dennis came by for a visit today. He helped unpack and move the fridge in so that was nice. The care seems to be good here. I was a little worried last night, the first night is always scary. I was so tired and they didn't seem to have their act together, I was very frustrated. Tom got here so late in the day too. But, it all worked out. I'm planning to bring the puppies to visit tomorrow. It will be good for Tom. I can bring them into his room, that should be fun! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment