Friday, June 15, 2012

Better Today!

Tom's ammonia level is down in the 90's today.  Still high, but much better.  He received an IV antibiotic yesterday and they are still testing the blood cultures.  I don't know when those results will be available.  His urine culture was clear so that's good.  All of the other numbers are still OK also.  He sounded pretty good when I talked to him this morning, he was hoping to take a nap after breakfast.

They changed his diet back to a low sodium, hepatic diet yesterday.  Since he ordered a huge breakfast (before the diet was changed), by dinner every meat item put him "over the protein limit".  It took a while to work out something for him to eat.  I think he was still "over the limit" but , he was hungry, so I don't think it really mattered.   

Cathy and Dave are coming to visit today.  I don't know who is more excited, me or Tom. 

I think Tom will get a little PT today - probably just exercises in the bed.  He will have is wound vac changed as well.  I'm guessing he will stay through the weekend.  I keep thinking the SNF is going to call and tell me they've given away Tom's room!  I don't have it in my "schedule" to go and move his things but I will do it if I need to.  Then we can wait for another bed all over again.

My friend Rebecca is still waiting on a SNF bed too - they are in very short supply!

No comments:

Post a Comment