Monday, June 4, 2012

PUPPY VISIT

The puppy visit went really well yesterday.  Tom loved having Finley & Fritzi love on him.  I had taken them to get their "nails done" on the way and now Tom has a gash on his chest!  We stayed for a couple of hours but that was about it - I was home by 7:30!  I liked that - even if it's just for one night! 

Tom seems pretty content.  His attitude is still upbeat.  I think he is looking forward to physical therapy today.  He is NOT looking forward to having is wound vac changed.  He is very concerned about the nurse who will be doing it.  He has asked me to call Dr. Rosen's office and have them "consult" with the nurse before she changes it.  I will call them this morning.

He is moving around much better and it looked like the swelling had gone down in his legs a little.  That has been my biggest prayer.  He has a couple of really good nurses and techs and a couple of not-so-good ones.  His nurse yesterday came in to change the cartridge on the wound vac by grabbing the whole case and started walking across the room with it.  Fortunately Tom was able to grab the tube and keep her from yanking it out of his leg . . . something we will need to discuss with the folks in charge!

Hart, the husband/father of the family that was in the bad car accident was in Sunday School yesterday.  What a blessing.  They are all healing well, slowly.  Rebecca is still in the hospital but hopes to move to rehab later this week (I wanted to say "good luck" finding a bed). 

I'm happy to be at work early this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment