Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hallelujah - WBC is down!

Tom's WBC is down to 14.5, a huge prayer answered! His hematocrit is low though. Tom said this weekend he thought it was low. I feel like I needed to bring it to their attention. They have contacted the doctor on call and then told me he probably wouldn't do anything until Thursday. I tried to reiterate that it was low and Thursday was two days away. That may only be a problem for me. Trying to keep my cool. Tom's "bad" leg is red and swollen in the calf area. They did call for an ultrasound of it today and are calling it cellulitis. It's hard to believe he would have that with a wound vac on the same leg. Tom got a return call from Dr. Rosen's office today, he told them about his leg being sore and the antibiotics he's been on, they seem to think that is ok. I think they are going to increase the antibiotic to help with the cellulitis. It looks to me like his leg looked before it turned black. I'll keep my eyes on it! He has a tentative appointment with Dr. Rosen in a couple of weeks. Please pray that he will remain out of the hospital and be able to see Dr. Rosen then. Things are moving along at home. The dogs were a bit stressed yesterday with all the noise, and I was home! Today was probably a different story. Hopefully I still have a place to sleep tonight that hasn't been ripped apart by two mad puppies. I don't think it was going to be as noisy. All of the flooring was ripped out yesterday. There were five guys working on the floor and two more tearing out the kitchen. Lots and lots of dust! Tom's therapy is slow. I want so much for him to be walking. I hope this cellulitis won't keep him down too long. I continue to ask for your prayers for Tom's healing! Have a Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

  1. Take a deep breath! I'm sorry he's having so many problems. As the song goes "two steps forward and three steps back". Praying that will turn around soon and he'll continue to go forward. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete